Thank you for your interest in working for Judicial Watch. We currently have openings in the following position(s):
Digital Media Associate
Reports To: Director of Communications
Status: Exempt – Full Time
Summary: As a member of the organization’s digital strategy team, the Digital Media Associate will assist in the creation, editing, and publishing of content on the organization’s digital communications platforms including the website, various social media platforms, email management software, and any other projects as required. Primary responsibilities include: working with third parties to oversee all aspects of the maintenance, development, hosting and security of the Judicial Watch website, managing social media accounts, aiding in the implementation of social media advertising campaigns, and assisting in the implementation of various digital projects.
Full Authority Responsibilities – Section A:
- Manage content on Judicial Watch’s social media platforms.
- Create digital content that will increase engagement on social media and website.
- Track analytics from social and digital initiatives and draw actionable insights from that data.
- Track and report expenses and manage website expenses to budget.
- Manage the technical support and development and security of the website.
Responsibilities – Section B:
- Participate in developing and implementing the design and direction of our digital strategies.
- Initiate supporter discussions and engage with supporters on social platforms.
- Support donation-generating initiatives through social media and email campaigns.
- Coordinate with PR and broadcast staff to promote and share their content through social media.
- Publish, edit, and update website pages in WordPress.
- Ensure quality of webpages by copyediting and proofreading.
- Assist in the structuring, development, and writing of web content.
- Assist in live streaming press conferences and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. Major in communications, political science or a related field would be helpful. Technical degrees will also be considered.
Experience: 1-2 years’ experience with digital media including email marketing and social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated understanding of digital landscape
- Experience with web publishing and management tools (WordPress)
- Enthusiastic, frequent social media user
- Experience with email sending platforms
- Understanding of effective newsletter and other email content
- Solid organizational and project management skills, with a keen attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Superb written, verbal and interpersonal skills and ability to think creatively
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines on multiple projects
- Ability to cultivate and sustain strong relationships with vendors, the media and coworkers
- Familiarity with HTML a plus
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite a plus
Judicial Watch provides employer-funded health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug), life insurance, long- and short-term disability insurance, and eligibility to participate in our 403(b) retirement program.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and any other relevant materials (digital portfolio, etc.), to email@example.com.
Regional Development Manager (West Coast)
Reports To: Director of Development
Status: Exempt – Full Time
Summary: The Regional Development Manager at Judicial Watch reports directly to the Director of Development and is an integral part of the organization’s development staff. This position works to ensure a collaborative approach to engagement and gift strategies in the area of individual major gifts as well as planned giving. In addition, this position helps plan and implement special fundraising campaigns as needed.
Requires high visibility with Judicial Watch donors and prospects. This position operates with minimal direct supervision. In addition, this position requires frequent regional travel as well as evening and weekend work.
Full Authority Responsibilities:
- Raise significant revenue (a minimum of 3X the organizational expense of this position).
- Identify, qualify and manage a personal “portfolio” of 100-150 donors, each having the capacity to make a minimum gift of $10,000/year with the focus especially on donors with the ability to generate six to seven figure gifts.
- Personally solicit gifts from these individuals, and implement stewardship strategies to further the likelihood of increased future giving.
- Develop written individualized goals for each donor along with written solicitation strategies based on the donor’s history of giving and the knowledge of the donor’s potential for increased giving. Coordinate these strategies with the Development Department and participate in monthly conference calls.
- Conduct an average of 12 face-to-face visits each month with prospects and donors.
- Represent and effectively communicate Judicial Watch’s values, achievements and current priorities to the public.
- Respond to referrals of major gift prospects from the Development Department in a timely and well-documented manner.
- Record all “moves management” activities in Judicial Watch’s CRM in a timely and thorough manner.
- Organize and coordinate special events, when and where appropriate, to introduce prospective donors to Judicial Watch and to increase fundraising potential from current donors.
- Prepare and submit in a timely manner, all reports including: Call Reports, Monthly Top Ten Reports, Expense Reports and other reports as requested.
- Work closely with the Development Department to ensure that assigned prospects and donors have well-documented and comprehensive data records to include donor’s capacity and interest ratings and other relevant personal information.
- In concert with the Director of Development, develop and prepare an annual budget and fundraising goals which will provide funding for the efficient accomplishment of assigned tasks.
- Perform all duties within the Judicial Watch Development Department guidelines and the AFP Code of Ethics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Benefits include: employer-funded health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug), life insurance, long- and short-term disability insurance, and eligibility to participate in our 403(b) retirement program. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and any other relevant materials to Steve Andersen, Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2017 Internships:
Judicial Watch is currently seeking interns for our 2017 Fall Internship Program to serve in the following capacities:
Legal Intern: Legal interns have the opportunity to work closely with our Legal Department on various federal lawsuits brought under the Freedom of Information Act, the Privacy Act, the Administrative Procedure Act, and the National Voter Registration Act as well as state lawsuits on behalf of taxpayers. Over the course of 8-10 weeks, interns will assist Judicial Watch’s eight attorneys and two paralegals with legal research, brief writing, drafting FOIA requests and administrative appeals, document review and analysis, and a host of other key litigation responsibilities, as well as various other duties as assigned. Applicants are required to be enrolled in or have completed their first year of law school. If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample (no more than 10 pages) to email@example.com.
Investigations Intern: Investigations interns at Judicial Watch are introduced to the structure of government agencies subject to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). Investigations interns learn about the nine FOIA exemptions, and how to draft FOIA requests accordingly. They also research the open records laws for state and local governments and use their findings to supplement requests at the federal level. Once the interns in the JW Investigations Department have been trained on proper FOIA protocol, they are encouraged to explore key issues of personal interest and/or open investigations under Judicial Watch’s guidance. If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, and a 500 word writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Development and Fundraising Intern: Judicial Watch’s Development Department is seeking interns for its busy and growing fundraising development program to assist Development staff in the many day-to-day activities fundamental to raising over $21 million for one of the leading conservative non-profit organizations in America. Development interns will gain experience and understanding in all aspects of non-profit fundraising, from direct mail, internet fundraising, and foundation grants, to major and planned giving programs. Interns will assist with a variety of tasks including donor correspondence, telephone calls to donors, writing and sending acknowledgement letters, major donor research and foundation grant writing, as well as various other duties as assigned. Interns will also gain a thorough knowledge about the importance of donor databases by assisting with data-entry, data clean up, donor coding and more. Interns must be politically conservative, detail oriented and willing to learn. If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, and a 500 word writing sample to email@example.com.