DECLARATION OF BILLY RAY DALE
I, Billy Ray Dale, wish to make the following statement:
- My name is Billy Ray Dale. I headed the White House Travel Office for 11 years (1982-1993), and worked in the White House Travel Office for almost 32 years.
- I have personal knowledge of the matters attested to herein.
- On May 19, 1993, my Travel Office colleagues and I were called into a 10:00 am meeting with David Watkins, then-Director for the White House Office of Administration. Mr. Watkins and his staffer arrived at 10:15 am and informed us that we were being terminated immediately. The meeting lasted no longer than 15 minutes.
- Based on all the evidence made available to me, Hillary Rodham Clinton had ordered and directed my and my Travel Office colleagues’ dismissal.
- Immediately following the meeting with Mr. Watkins, my Travel Office colleagues and I proceeded back to our office where Craig Livingstone, the then-head of the Office of Personnel Security, stood watch over us. Mr. Livingstone had with him check-out lists, which were already prepared specifically for each fired employee of the Travel Office, to help with the check-out procedure. Routinely, these check-out lists were not prepared in advance. After clearing out my desk of my personal belongings, I handed my White House keys to the storage room to Mr. Livingstone and told him I had personal effects in a storage room. Mr. Livingstone then escorted me to the storage room where I obtained my personal effects as he stood watch over me.
- Mr. Livingstone shortly thereafter placed me and some of my former fellow Travel Office colleagues on a "do not admit list" which was meant to bar our access to The White House complex.
- Mr. Livingstone knew that I did not require access to The White House. Therefore, the explanation that he and others have offered that my FBI background materials were requested in the mistaken belief that I required access to the White House is not accurate.
- My FBI materials were discovered among Travel Office records in the Clinton White House. This is a further indication to me that my FBI background materials were requested and used for an improper purpose.
I declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct.
Executed on August 6, 1999 ________________Billy Ray Dale