Judicial Watch v. Department of Homeland Security (No. 11-604) – documents regarding reviews and dismissals of pending immigration cases
OCTOBER 31, 2011
Judicial Watch filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit to obtain documents from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) regarding President Obama’s “stealth amnesty” for illegal aliens. The lawsuit followed DHS’s non-responsiveness to an August 30, 2010, FOIA request seeking the following information:
- Any and all records of, and/or records concerning, Department of Homeland Security briefings regarding a systematic review of pending immigration cases against suspected illegal immigrants in Houston, Texas.
- Any and all records of general guidelines issued to Department of Homeland Security attorneys, allowing dismissal of pending immigration cases.
- Any and all records detailing the determination and implementation of a systematic review of pending immigration cases against suspected illegal immigrants in Houston, Texas.
- Any and all correspondence with non-governmental organizations…concerning the process for US Immigration and Customs Enforcement to give consideration of possible dismissal of pending immigration cases.
Official Legal Documents
- Complaint - March 23, 2011