OCTOBER 31, 2011
Judicial Watch filed a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit against the FDIC on behalf of Vern McKinley on March 15, 2010, seeking information related to the Citigroup and Bank of America bailouts.In December 2010, the US District Court for the District of Columbia denied the FDIC’s motion to dismiss and granted in part and denied without prejudice in part Judicial Watch’s motion for summary judgment, ordering the FDIC to “conduct new searches for the records.”In February 2011, the FDIC returned a set of documents including Board of Director meetings discussing the Citigroup and Bank of America bailouts and the Temporary Liquidity Guarantee Program, which guaranteed unsecured debt of private financial institutions.
Official Legal Documents
- Plaintiff's Reply in Support of Plaintiff's Cross-Motion for Summary Judgment - May 20, 2011
- Plaintiff's Opposition and Cross-Motion for Summary Judgment - April 13, 2011
- Court's Opinion - December 23, 2010
- Court's Order - December 23, 2010
- Reply and Exhibits to FDIC's Opposition to Cross-Motion for Summary Justice - June 11, 2010
- Plaintiff's Opposition to Motion to Dismiss and Cross-Motion for Summary Justice - May 3, 2010
- Complaint - March 15, 2010
Sign Up for Updates!