Skip to content

Get Judicial Watch Updates!

DONATE

Judicial Watch • Web Exclusive: State Department Dumped Benghazi Security Contractor 12 Days Before Attack

Web Exclusive: State Department Dumped Benghazi Security Contractor 12 Days Before Attack

Web Exclusive: State Department Dumped Benghazi Security Contractor 12 Days Before Attack

SEPTEMBER 12, 2017

A State Department security contractor says that it was asked to provide security at the U.S. consulate in Benghazi after a rival company failed to do the job, just 12 days before the terror attack of Sep. 11, 2012, which claimed the lives of four Americans.

Torres Advanced Enterprise Solutions, a large, Virginia-based security and private military contracting firm, told Breitbart News that the State Department approached the company less than two weeks before Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans were brutally murdered.

Blue Mountain Group, the small Welsh security contractor to which the State Department initially awarded the contract over Torres’s bid earlier in the year, was allegedly failing on the job.

Owens said that on August 12, 2012 — just six months after Blue Mountain won the State Department contract for Benghazi — State Department official Jan Visintainer asked Torres’s director: “Hey, can Torres perform in Libya?”

In 2013, a Freedom of Information Act request by Judicial Watch revealed that Visintainer had told Blue Mountain Group not to speak to the media after the attack.


View Article
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/09/12/benghazi-state-department-contractor-dumped/


Read more about