Where do the presidential candidates stand on the issues that matter to you? Issues such as controlling illegal immigration, government power grabs and secrecy, bailouts, and the repeal of Obamacare are important to the future of our nation.
To find out where the presidential candidates stand on these issues, Judicial Watch sent a thorough policy questionnaire to Republican presidential candidates and President Barack Obama. Judicial Watch does not endorse or oppose candidates for public office.
The questions focus on the rule of law, government corruption, transparency, and accountability. You can view the entire questionnaire that was mailed to the candidates on December 9th, 2011 here.
Please take action and contact the candidates and encourage them to respond to the Judicial Watch Presidential Candidate Questionnaire.
Let them know the issues we are asking them about are important to you and important to America.
Below are the numbers and emails of the various presidential campaigns. Please start emailing and dialing!
Cong. Newt Gingrich
President Barack Obama
Cong. Ron Paul
Gov. Mitt Romney
Sen. Rick Santorum
*Support our efforts to find out where the candidates stand on these important issues by making your tax-deductible donation to Judicial Watch today.
U.S. Presidential Election 2012
INSTRUCTIONS: Please answer the following questions with a “Yes” or a “No.” However, feel free to expand on your answers so voters will have complete information about your positions. These questions cover a range of issues important to Judicial Watch’s 250,000 supporters. Judicial Watch will make your answers available to the public. Judicial Watch is non-partisan and does not endorse or oppose candidates for public office.
Please complete and return this questionnaire to the attention of Tom Fitton, President, Judicial Watch, 425 Third St., SW, Suite 800, Washington, DC, by December 15.
1. Will you change current policy and commit to require the U.S. Secret Service to disclose under the Freedom of Information Act (“FOIA”) details about visits (to you or your administration) at the White House complex, Camp David, personal residences, and other locations? (Details would include the names of meeting attendees, the purpose of the visit, etc.)
2. Do you support a ban on federal funding for ACORN and its affiliated, allied and successor organizations?
3. Will you support a comprehensive Justice Department investigation into voter registration and other fraud and misconduct by ACORN and its allied and successor organizations?
4. Will you use the United States military to secure our nation’s border with Mexico?
5. Will you reverse current policy and direct the Federal Housing and Finance Administration to make available all Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac documents to the public under the Freedom of Information Act?
6. Will you end the practice of appointing so-called czars as White House advisors and special envoys in areas of policy already under the purview of Senate-confirmed cabinet and other agency officials?
7. Will you end the practice of using “prosecutorial discretion” or “administrative measures” to avoid apprehending and deporting illegal aliens who are unlawfully present in the United States?
8. Will you end federal court challenges against states, such as Arizona, Alabama, South Carolina, and Utah who have passed laws related to the enforcement of our nation’s immigration laws?
9. Will you direct your Attorney General (and your administration generally) to fully defend in court and strictly enforce the Defense of Marriage Act?
10. Will you commit to the appointment of experienced individuals to judgeships—without regard to race or sex—who reject an activist approach to applying the law and the U.S. Constitution?
11. Will you reject the use of presidential recess appointments to appoint individuals to positions requiring confirmation by the United States Senate?
12. Will you support extending the Freedom of Information Act to cover the U.S. Congress and the federal judiciary?
13. Will you support prohibiting states and other public entities from giving “in-state tuition” and other taxpayer-subsidized benefits to illegal aliens?
14. Will your administration seek legal or other appropriate enforcement actions against any state or local government with so-called “sanctuary policies” and other support for illegal aliens at odds with federal immigration laws?
15. Will you support legislation that would cut off or restrict federal funding to states or local governments that implement “sanctuary policies” at odds with federal immigration laws?
16. Will you commit to making the enforcement of bribery, extortion, and other federal public corruption laws a top priority for your administration?
17. Will you divest government investments in privately controlled corporations (e.g. Chrysler, GM, and AIG)
18. Will you prohibit the use of tax dollars to bail out or invest in banks and other corporations?
19. Will you support legislation to repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)?
20. Will you end federal (taxpayer-funded) loan guarantees to private sector corporations?
21. Will you prohibit government ownership/control of private sector corporations (e.g., Chrysler, GM, and AIG)?
22. Will you change current policies and require the Treasury Department and other federal agencies to make available all records relating to the U.S. Government’s ownership stakes in private corporations (e.g. Chrysler, GM, and AIG)?