MARCH 06, 2015
The father of the retired Navy SEAL murdered in the Benghazi terrorist attack wasn’t the least bit surprised to see State Department records—uncovered last week by Judicial Watch—that show Hillary Clinton’s top aides knew from the outset that the U.S. compound was under attack by armed terrorists and not spontaneous protestors upset over a video.
In an interview with JW this week, Charles Woods, the father of Ty Woods, the Navy SEAL who handled security for diplomats, expressed overwhelming frustration over the repeated lies and apparent cover-up surrounding the deadly September 11, 2012 attack on the U.S. Special Mission in Libya. Ambassador Christopher Stevens, the first diplomat to be killed overseas in decades, and three other Americans, including Ty Woods, were murdered in the violent ambush.
The Obama administration immediately said the onslaught was triggered by an obscure, anti-Muslim internet video and this has served as the official line to the American public. However, Judicial Watch has gone to court and managed to obtain droves of government records that prove the administration knew from the outset that it was never a spontaneous demonstration against an internet video but rather an attack by armed assailants tied to a terrorist group. The latest batch of State Department documents obtained by JW last week make no reference to a spontaneous demonstration or internet video, except in an official statement issued to then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Instead the documents reveal that Clinton’s top aides, including her then-chief of staff Cheryl Mills, knew immediately that the Benghazi mission compound was under attack by armed assailants tied to a terrorist group. The files, which JW sued in federal court to obtain, include a chain of internal emails tracking the events surrounding the terrorist attack in real time, beginning immediately upon its inception. One of them reads like this: “Ansar al-Sharia Claims Responsibility for Benghazi Attack (SBU): “(SBU) Embassy Tripoli reports the group claimed responsibility on Facebook and Twitter and call for an attack on Embassy Tripoli.”
Charles Woods, a retired administrative judge and attorney, says he’s tired of the lies surrounding the gut-wrenching death of his son, who served multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. A registered nurse, Ty Woods protected diplomatic personnel representing the United States in dangerous parts of the world, including the Middle East and Central America. Three days after his son was murdered, Charles Woods said Hillary Clinton looked him in the eye and gave him the bogus video protest story. “She said ‘we’re going to have the person responsible for that video arrested,’” Charles Woods said. “I knew she was lying. Her body language, the look in her eyes….I could tell she wasn’t telling the truth.”
Years later the falsehoods continue and the Woods family, as well as the loved ones of the other victims, are no closer to knowing what really occurred in Benghazi. “Hillary needs to come clean,” Charles Woods said. “We know very little more than we did 2 ½ years ago.” The Clinton email scandal that exploded this week appears to have poured salt in the wound. “She’s working so hard to prevent transparency,” Charles Woods said. “They’re just going to lie and keep putting it on the back burner.” Woods also thanked Judicial Watch for all its work investigating Benghazi. Besides an ongoing probe and litigation, JW has published two in-depth special reports on Benghazi. Read them here and here.
Sign Up for Updates!
© 2010-2016 Judicial Watch, Inc. All Rights Reserved.