NOVEMBER 02, 2011
After 9/11, 160 subjects of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, “including but not limited to members of the House of Saud and/or members of the Bin Laden family,” fled the U.S. between September 11, 2001 and September 15, 2001. Judicial Watch filed a complaint with the Department of Homeland Security to acquire documentation on the family’s flight. The Customs and Border Protection agency documents below detail what the government knows about the rapid departure.
Official Legal Documents
News Articles and Interviews
- FBI Saudi Flight Documents (Corrected Disclosure)
- Response to October 2003 Vanity Fair Article Re: [Redacted] Family Departures After 9/11/2001 - September 24, 2003 — the so-called "VANITYBOM" Report.
- Saudis House of Saud and bin Laden Family Members Leaving after 9/11 - 171 pages of highly redacted FOIA documents Judicial Watch compelled the FBI to produce concerning the special charter flight departures of Saudi Royals and Bin Laden family members immediately after 9/11.
- FBI Asserts Privilege Over On-going Investigation of Saudi Flights - After the original FOIA request, the FBI denied Judicial Watch the documents detailing the flight of the bin Laden family.
- JW's original complaint with Homeland Security