Thank you for your interest in working for Judicial Watch. We currently have openings in the following position(s):
Full Time Position(s):
Judicial Watch is currently seeking to fill the following full-time positions:
REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (WEST COAST)
Reports To: Director of Development
Status: Exempt – Full Time
Summary: The Regional Development Manager at Judicial Watch reports directly to the Director of Development and is an integral part of the organization’s development staff. This position works to ensure a collaborative approach to engagement and gift strategies in the area of individual major gifts as well as planned giving. In addition, this position helps plan and implement special fundraising campaigns as needed.
Requires high visibility with Judicial Watch donors and prospects. This position operates with minimal direct supervision. In addition, this position requires frequent regional travel as well as evening and weekend work.
Full Authority Responsibilities:
- Raise significant revenue (a minimum of 3X the organizational expense of this position).
- Identify, qualify and manage a personal “portfolio” of 100-150 donors, each having the capacity to make a minimum gift of $10,000/year with the focus especially on donors with the ability to generate six to seven figure gifts.
- Personally solicit gifts from these individuals, and implement stewardship strategies to further the likelihood of increased future giving.
- Develop written individualized goals for each donor along with written solicitation strategies based on the donor’s history of giving and the knowledge of the donor’s potential for increased giving. Coordinate these strategies with the Development Department and participate in monthly conference calls.
- Conduct an average of 12 face-to-face visits each month with prospects and donors.
- Represent and effectively communicate Judicial Watch’s values, achievements and current priorities to the public.
- Respond to referrals of major gift prospects from the Development Department in a timely and well-documented manner.
- Record all “moves management” activities in Judicial Watch’s CRM in a timely and thorough manner.
- Organize and coordinate special events, when and where appropriate, to introduce prospective donors to Judicial Watch and to increase fundraising potential from current donors.
- Prepare and submit in a timely manner, all reports including: Call Reports, Monthly Top Ten Reports, Expense Reports and other reports as requested.
- Work closely with the Development Department to ensure that assigned prospects and donors have well-documented and comprehensive data records to include donor’s capacity and interest ratings and other relevant personal information.
- In concert with the Director of Development, develop and prepare an annual budget and fundraising goals which will provide funding for the efficient accomplishment of assigned tasks.
- Perform all duties within the Judicial Watch Development Department guidelines and the AFP Code of Ethics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Benefits include: employer-funded health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug), life insurance, long- and short-term disability insurance, and eligibility to participate in our 403(b) retirement program.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and any other relevant materials to Steve Andersen, Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org