Thank you for your interest in working for Judicial Watch. We currently have openings in the following position(s):
Full Time Position(s):
Judicial Watch is currently seeking to fill the following full-time positions:
TITLE: Development Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Manager, Development Operations
STATUS: Exempt – Full Time
SUMMARY: As a member of Judicial Watch’s Development Department, the Development Coordinator (Grants) is responsible for soliciting grants from family foundations and large-scale philanthropic foundations. The Development Coordinator (Grants) will obtain grant funding from new foundations and work to increase funding from existing foundation donors. Working closely with the Manager and Assistant Manager of Development Operations, the Development Coordinator (Grants) researches foundations and their trustees, and develops and executes written proposals to current, lapsed, and prospective foundations. The Coordinator reports directly to the Manager and Assistant Manager of Development Operations to generate grant proposals on a regular, consistent basis. The Development Coordinator (Grants) will maintain a working matrix of foundations, current, lapsed and prospective- containing pertinent information such as grant submission deadlines, foundation contacts, and desired ask amounts. This matrix will be a resource for all fundraising staff to reference which foundations (and individuals) are being managed by the Coordinator. It will be updated regularly as to the status of each grant proposal. The Development Coordinator (Grants) will also manage summaries for each foundation to track the grants process through each stage. He or she will also be responsible for other projects as they arise and are relevant to foundation solicitation, which may include special events.
FULL AUTHORITY RESPONSIBLITIES: Section A
• Responsible for conducting and managing the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundations within their submission/reporting deadlines.
• Prepare and send letters of inquiry to prospective funders and questionnaires for new funders.
• Comply with all grant reporting and receipting as required by foundation donors.
• Coordinate with the Manager and Assistant Manager of Development Operations to provide regular updates for required collateral to be sent to foundation and corporate officers (newsletters, major reports, IRS forms, etc.)
• Maintain current records and CRM actions in donor database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting, receipting, submission calendar, and revenue reports.
• Maintain calendar and CRMs of deadlines and engagement for proposals, grants, and cultivation opportunities.
• Assist in cultivating and fostering effective relationships with current funders and new foundation prospects, in particular, by maintaining ongoing contact and effective working relationships with foundation program officers.
• Collaborate with staff to maximize potential of current and prospective funders.
• Prepare briefing memos and other informational materials that aid the organization’s management team’s donor engagement.
• Conduct and update foundation and major donor prospect research to support organizational goals.
• Support the Major Gift and Foundation staff with proactive, regular donor research and prospect identification. Establish and execute processes needed to ensure all routine and necessary contact, cultivation and follow-up are accomplished in a timely manner.
• Other tasks, as assigned.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES – Section B
• Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
• A clear understanding of Judicial Watch’s mission and ability to convey strategy.
• Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
• A clear understanding of the different types of foundations, family foundations, community foundations, etc. as well as understanding the basic grants process.
• Strong editing skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Self-starter and ability to meet deadlines independently of outside reminders.
• Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
• Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
• Familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience with grant writing and the grants process.
• Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
• Proven organizational skills and ability to maintain well-documented records.
• Experience working in deadline-driven and fast-paced environments.
• Must be able to communicate effectively through written and verbal communication.
• Able to work well independently while handling multiple assignments, priorities and meeting multiple deadlines.
• Must have an affinity for the organization’s mission.
Judicial Watch provides employer-funded health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug), life insurance, long- and short-term disability insurance, and eligibility to participate in our 403(b) retirement program.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.