Judicial Watch v. Department of Defense and Central Intelligence Agency (No. 11-890) – Osama bin Laden raid photographs and video recordings
OCTOBER 28, 2011
Following the raid by US Navy SEALs which killed Osama bin Laden, the Obama Department of Defense (DOD) and Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) provided photographic and video evidence of bin Laden’s death to members of Congress. Judicial Watch believes that the American public has the right to see those documents and filed Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests with both agencies to obtain the images and footage, and filed a lawsuit against them when both agencies refused to provide them.
Official Legal Documents
- Memorandum of Law in Opposition to Defendants’ Motion for Summary Judgment and in Support of Plaintiff’s Cross-Motion for Summary Judgment - December 14, 2011
- Defendants' Motion for Summary Judgment - September 26, 2011
- Defendants' Declarations and Exhibits - September 26, 2011
- Joint Proposed Briefing Schedule - July 27, 2011
- Amended Complaint - June 8, 2011
- Complaint - May 13, 2011
Sign Up for Updates!