Judicial Watch v. Department of Homeland Security (No. 10-2054) – documents regarding illegal immigrant charged with killing a nun in Virginia while driving drunk
OCTOBER 31, 2011
Judicial Watch filed this lawsuit to force the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to comply with a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for documents regarding Carlos Martinelly-Montano, a known illegal immigrant who was charged with killing a Benedictine nun and injuring two others while he was driving drunk in August 2010.DHS indicated that responsive documents would be provided by January 18, 2011. However, on February 11, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) indicated that the document responsive to the FOIA request was still in draft form and so would be exempted.
Official Legal Documents
- ICE response letter - February 11, 2011
- Defendant's Consent Motion for Enlargement of Time to Answer or Otherwise Respond to Complaint - January 13, 2011
- Complaint - December 2, 2010
- DHS response letter - March 3, 2011
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Carlos Martinelly Montano Inquiry November 24, 2010 - March 3, 2011
Sign Up for Updates!