Judicial Watch v. Federal Housing Finance Agency (No. 09-1537) – documents regarding the decision to place Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac into “conservatorship”
OCTOBER 28, 2011
Judicial Watch filed a lawsuit against the Federal Housing Financial Authority (FHFA) to force the agency’s compliance with a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request, which Judicial Watch submitted on May 29, 2009, requesting documents regarding Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac’s political campaign contributions and policies related to such contributions.On September 30, 2010, the court ruled that Judicial Watch did not have a right access the requested files. We are in the process of appealing the case.
Official Legal Documents
- Appellate Opinion - August 5, 2011
- Appellant Reply Brief - March 21, 2011
- Appellant Brief - February 4, 2011
- Plaintiff's Reply in Support of its Cross Motion for Partial Summary Judgment - March 31, 2010
- Plaintiff's Opposition to Summary Judgment and Cross-Motion for Partial Summary Judgment - March 5, 2010
- Defendant's Memorandum for Summary Judgment - January 29, 2010
- Plaintiff's Complaint for Injunctive and Declaratory Relief - August 18, 2009
Sign Up for Updates!